Asphalt paving on driveways has become a popular choice for homeowners. Although concrete driveways still remain a common option, asphalt paving comes with a number of benefits that makes them more advantageous than the concrete ones:
- Asphalt is less expensive than concrete by 30% to 40%.
- It takes a shorter amount of time to lay an asphalt driveway. While a concrete driveway may take several days, laying asphalt will only take one to two days.
- Asphalt crack repair only requires less time and money.
- More durable, asphalt is also less prone to surface flaking.
- It retains its beautiful black colour longer
- Asphalt reduces snow removal costs because its dark surface absorbs and retains more of the sun’s heat, which makes the snow melt quickly
To get quality asphalt paving services and the best results, you need to find a reliable asphalt paving contractor. Consider the following factors:
1. Experience and Knowledge – Choosing a contractor that employs well-experienced and knowledgeable people can ensure the best results and the safe and efficient completion of the job. Reliable asphalt paving specialists in Vaughan pay great attention to detail and take pride in their commitment to guarantee customer satisfaction.
2. License and Insurance – One of the dead giveaways that would tell you if a contractor does not carry a license and insurance is cheaper price. Local and state licenses and insurances are necessary to protect its workers and avoid potentially hefty bills coming your way in case someone is injured while on the job.
3. Right Machinery – Another thing to look into is whether the contractor uses quality machinery. Using the right tools and machines to lay down the asphalt will guarantee a perfectly paved driveway that will not easily develop seams and cracks.
4. Material Selection – Asphalts are not created equal. Its quality greatly depends on the recycled materials used in its production. Using low quality materials can affect the appearance and longevity of the asphalt. Determine they types of materials your contractor uses and if they are of high quality stock so your driveway gets the best makeover.
5. Honest Quote – Do not just settle on the first asphalt paving contractor you approached. Get multiple quotes from different local contractors near you. The estimated quote should be accurate to prevent wasting unused materials. Also, be wary of contractors that provide a cheaper estimate; you may end up with an asphalt driveway that easily cracks and erodes. Instead of saving money, you may be left spending more on repairs and maintenance.
6. Customer Feedback – To attract customers, most contractors claim to offer the best services if you read their website and advertising materials. A smart way to determine whether a contractor is reliable or not is to visit business review sites like Yelp, Better Business Bureau, and Angie’s List for honest and unbiased feedback from past customers. Checking out the customer reviews can provide you a clear picture of trustworthy and reliable contractors.
Considering these crucial things can help you save a lot of problems and enjoy the best results. Use this list as a guide for making a more informed decision on choosing the best asphalt paving contractor in your vicinity.